How To Incease Organic Website Traffic
What Is Organic Website Traffic
Organic traffic is those visitors that land on your website from unpaid sources, aka essentially free traffic. Organic sources here include search engines like Google, Yahoo, or Bing.
The brand of digital marketing that focuses on improving organic traffic is called Search Engine Optimization. It increases website trust and tends to have better conversion rates than paid traffic because there is a better intent for organic searches. The ROI for organic traffic is very high since it is semi-permanent in nature compared to paid ads.
How To Generating Organic Website Traffic
It’s the biggest mystery on the internet. Everyone wants to open an online business. Everyone has a great idea. Everyone has a sure-fire strategy for success. And in many cases, they go out and build impressive websites around their idea. They include features that make the site sticky, drawing visitors in and inviting them to browse around. The graphics are slick and the layout beautiful. Java and Ajax make the browsing experience smooth and seamless. But in the end, no one shows up.
The vast majority of websites never get much of any traffic. Of course, this should come as no surprise. There are millions of different websites, even within a single topic, and there’s no way for the average internet browser to find one specific website without some help. And that’s what this article is about. What can you do as an online entrepreneur to identify yourself to the masses and help them find their way to your website? More importantly, what can you do to achieve that objective with little or no money?
That last sentence is the most important one so far. We all know the pay-per-click options exist and our hard earned money can quickly and easily drive traffic to your website. We all know it can be done at the click of a mouse. But how much will it cost? For those of us who have tried this type of advertising, it’s truly amazing how quickly you can run a tab paying for one click here and one click there. Well, as it turns out, there are some other options available that can drive just as much traffic and won’t cost you a penny.
The first strategy is encompassed by this article you’re reading. I wrote this article and posted it to the internet for free. Nobody’s paying me a penny. I took the time to write is all down because I know how to post it to thousands of different article directories quickly. And at the bottom of this article is a short bio with some brief information about me along with my website address. That means everyone who reads this article has the option of clicking through to my website directly. It’s called article marketing and it’s one of the best strategies for driving website traffic.
The second strategy involves posting comments on popular industry forums. Once you register with a forum, you can post comments within any topic you can find a string for. Your profile usually allows you to create a signature and that signature can include your website address. Once again, you’ve leaving behind a direct link to your website every time you post a comment. And as such, I would post as many comments on industry forums as you possibly can – perhaps as many as 15 or 20 comments each day.
The third strategy is to post comments on popular blogs in your area of expertise of beginning a blog of your own. If you post comments on a blog for 10 consecutive days, I can almost guarantee you that someone is reading your posts. It just happens. People find stuff and you can quickly gain an audience by creating a blog. And of course, you can revert to posting comments on someone else’s blog. You can always leave behind a direct link to your site when you do so.
The forth strategy is to make your website easy to bookmark with any one of the many social bookmarking sites that have emerged during the past year or so. It’s the new craze and sites like StumbleUpon or Boing Boing or Digg can quickly drive traffic to your site if the content you’re providing is appreciated by others. Adding the appropriate buttons and links only encourages that process.
Driving internet traffic doesn’t have to be a mystery. It doesn’t need to be a secret. And there are lots of things you can do to get plenty of organic traffic landing on your website. In most cases, it doesn’t cost any money. It just takes time. And if you can allocate the time, you’ll be amazed at how quickly it will also start happening. Good luck!
Here are seventeen online and offline methods that will help you increase website traffic.
- Offer free, original, and quality content on your site. This is, by far, the single most traffic-generating activity you can take part in.
- Make sure the content is helpful to your visitors. Provide your visitors the information they need to achieve their goal or solve their problem.
- Create a fresh piece of content every two days if you can, or at least once a week.
- Do not use content generators.
- Focus your content on keywords related to your topic.
- Start a newsletter for your web site. When people read each issue they’ll be reminded to revisit your web site. Submit it to all the free e-zine directories on the internet.
- Submit original articles to e-zines, web sites and magazines that accept article submissions. Include your business information and web address in a resource box. This is a great way to increase website traffic.
- Start a blog. Post original content and articles at least twice a week and ping your blog when you post to it.
- Give away an electronic freebie (like an eBook) with your ad on it. Allow your visitors to also give the freebie away.
- Exchange links with other web sites that are closely related to the subject of your web site.
- Participate in forums. Post answers to other people’s questions, ask questions and post appropriate information. Include your signature file containing your website’s URL at the end of all your postings.
- Start your own online discussion community.
- Hold free online classes or seminars. You will become known as an expert on the topic.
- Get some vinyl decals or bumper stickers created and turn your car into a moving advertisement for your web site.
- Use word of mouth. Tell everyone you know about your website, give out business cards to passers-by in the street, and so on.
- Give visitors a free entry into a contest or sweepstakes.
- Let visitors download free software such as freeware, shareware, demos etc.
- Offer free online services or utilities from your website.
- Give free consulting to people who visit your web site.
- Put key words and phrases in bold or italics,
With consistent effort and some ingenuity, you can increase website traffic without breaking the bank.