Email marketing is a very effective strategy to gain new customers and make more sales from existing customers. By concentrating on new subscriber acquisition, your list will get bigger everyday and you can cross-sell more useful products or services to your subscribers.
However, you should not focus solely on subscriber acquisition at the expense of building and maintaining good relationship with your existing subscribers. In this article, let me share with you some email marketing tips to get the most out of your list:
1. Create a series of follow up messages. You should write a series of follow-up messages and queue them in your auto-respondent. By doing so, every new subscriber will be able to receive your messages and go through the back-end sales funnel. You should not sell your product or service in every email that you send. By doing so, no one will read your messages. Therefore, you should always provide useful information to your subscribers to help them solve their problems.
2. Reward the loyalty of your subscribers. The best way to build a good relationship with your subscribers is to reward them with freebies, discounts, lucky draws, or subscriber-only offers. Your existing subscribers will appreciate your effort and stay loyal by remaining in your list.
3. Keep your email template as simple as possible. If you need to use a HTML template, keep it simple. This is because many devices such as iPhones and BlackBerry can now receive and read emails. Templates that are too complex will not display well on those devices. So try not to use too many images, and use standard fonts and colors.
4. Allow people to join your list through your website. You need to integrate email marketing with other marketing activity. If you are launching a road show that brings people to your website, you should include an opt-in box on your site to allow people to join your mailing list.
5. Do not email your subscriber too often. If you send an email every day to your subscribers, they will soon think of your emails as spam. A general rule of thumb is once every 4 days. However, it really depends on the initial reason why your subscribers join your list. For example, if your subscribers join your list to get daily updates on stock values, then it makes sense to email them every day.
Last but not least, you should always split test your email copy. Copywriting, template design, call to action statements and offers often affect the conversion rate of your email marketing campaign. Do test your email to generate the highest possible response rate and conversion.